I crept out of the shelter and took a break for the shoreline. That is the only place I knew of so I had to try there first. As I was running I was looking back over my shoulder to check for the creature. Noticing that it wasn't coming, I decided to head for a cave that I found the other day. The cave was located in the woods so I changed my direction and headed for the cave. Being in the dark,l I wasn't exactly sure that I could find the cave but I had no other option. Behind me I could hear the creature howling, and as I continued on, the howls grew closer. I then realized that I had to make it to that cave if I were going to survive. This cave was discovered whilst I was searching for food. At the time, I didn't pay much attention to the finding of the cave since it didn't seem too astounding, but now I've realized that it may be my only hope for survival. If I can only get to the cave, I might be able to block myself in somehow. The howling grew closer with each stride I took. The cave was only right up ahead, not the much further. The entrance was instantly visible and I was thinking to myself "I'm almost there, almost safe". I ducked into the cave as I heard another howl of the creature. Quickly I made a fire with the stuff I grabbed at the last minute from my shelter. Peering around the cave, I noticed a small passageway that I could fit through. The creature was right outside so I crawled in the passageway. I crawled as far as I could and then stopped. I could hear the creature scrapping around in the cave. I needed a weapon if I was to defend myself. My hand ran across a sharp stone. I took the stone in my hand for futhur examination and found it to be possibly a useful weapon against the creature. Apparently the creature caught my scent because it made its way over to the passageway. Luckily its size didn't allow it to get too far in, but it was trying its hardest and I was afraid somehow it would find a way. That way was being found as the creature somehow inched its way forward towards me. Panic overtook me and I began flailing. I then remembered the rock i had in my hand. Since my arms were free to move about, I took the rock and threw it as hard as I could at the creature. Whimpering told me that I apparently harmed the creature, so I took more rocks and threw them at the creature. Finally the creature had taken too many hits and limped away. I was taken by joy and fear at the same time. I was joyful that I was still alive but afraid of what else was yet to come. I awaited for the sun to rise and I slowly made my way out of the cave. Seeing nothing as I looked around in all directions, I made my way back to the shelter. Something came to my mind that someone close to me would always say, "The Man With No Imagination Has No Wings". If I was to survive, I'd have to start using my imagination.

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment