I don’t know how long I’ve been on this island. Every morning and every evening seem the same to me. I don’t know if it’s just me, or if it is what happens to everyone who is stranded on an island. However, I don’t really recall many accounts of island strandings, besides the crew from Gilligan’s Island. I have noticed how my hygiene has somewhat declined, but what’s to be expected in such conditions as I am currently in? Some may say that I am becoming crazy and delusional. Heck, I would if it wasn’t me in the situation, but since it IS me…I know that I am still somewhat sane. If being insane saves me from spending the rest of my life on this island, then so be it. I found a small suitcase today as I was searching for some of those berries I have come to love. I realized that it must had washed ashore while a tide came in. I didn’t know whose it was, but I looked inside it anyways. Inside I found various items that I somehow subconsciously remember. I found a mirror and turned it over slowly so that my reflection was staring back at me. It’s the first time I have seen myself since waking up on this island and not knowing who I was. So it was sort of like seeing myself for the first time. My hair was down to the middle of my back and my hair had definite damage done to it, but this wasn’t important to me anymore. Whilst looking at myself in the mirror, images I’m supposing are from my past, came back to me. I saw myself standing in the halls of a high school surrounded by a few close friends. I had on a long black skirt and a hot pink top. After remembering that little bit about myself, I looked down at my current appearance and wondered what had happened. I used to be so beautiful and now as I look at myself, I wonder where my beauty has gone. I sat down and thought on this for a long time, finally realizing that I sacrificed my beauty for my survival. It doesn’t matter what one looks like on the outside, as long as the inside has the right intentions. I decided that if I ever do get off this island, that I wouldn’t allow materialism to rule my life anymore.

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment