I don't know what time it is, only that it's nighttime. I awoke because I heard a noise outside my self-made shelter. I know it's not very stable so I sit quietly waiting for whatever made that horrid noise to leave. Since it is dark outside I don't know what exactly it is, but I am assuming it is the creature from near the coconut tree. I have to admit that I am actually scared. I thought that the loneliness was the scariest part so far..NO! this is.. this waiting to see what will happen. As the shelter isn't as stable as it should be, I back up into the corner that is built against a huge boulder, in hopes that it will provide some sort of protection for me. Using the rocks of mine, some twigs, and some bark I start a fire because I am hoping that if need be, I can light something on fire to scare away the creature. I can hear it as it comes closer. It's breathing can be heard already. The breathing is heavy and I can tell it's craving something. What that something is, I do not know. However, I do know that it's after something and I am praying that something isn't me. Its shadow is getting closer and I really don't know what to do. I can't move because I am glued to my spot by fear. How can I run if I have nowhere to run to? It's apparent that the creature is used to its surroundings and that frightens me. I know that if it was between the creature and me, I'd surely lose. I don't have many options so I decide that my best chance of survival is to run. Despite my instincts I decide this. Am I crazy? I surely don't want to go out there with the creature, but I have no choice if I wish to live.

TO BE CONTINUED....

0 Remarks:

Post a Comment